Effective January 1st, 2013, Japanese Akita will be recognized as its own breed at the United Kennel Club.
AKIHO, LA branch has always been supportive of JACA (Japanese Akita Club of America) and we would like to congratulate everyone who has been involved in this effort to get closer to split Japanese Akita from One Akita in US.
To read the official breed standard from UKC website, check it out at http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/Breeds/NorthernBreed/JapaneseAkita
As a member of AKIHO, one of the benefits that you receive is a club magazine from Japan. Every 2-3 months, the headquarter in Japan publishes a magazine that covers club meeting agenda, club information, events, etc.
As a non-speaking Japanese member, it will be difficult to find out what it say… but you do get to view great photos of Japanese Akitas.
This current edition, six of our LA branch akitas were featured. This magazine gets distributed to all members around the world.
Cover of the Magazine
Top Left: Kitanoumi Go Shirai, Top Right: Wakakusa Go Shirai, Middle Left: Yuusaku Go Shirai, Middle Right: Shinyu Go Kobun, Bottom Left: Kokoa Go Kamurosansoh
Bottom Right: Ayame
Isn’t this great or what? We are very pleased. Can’t wait til 2013 for another show.
We ate! We talked! We ate more! We laughed! We had a great time!
Just hanging out with old friends and new friends who happen to really like Japanese Akitas.
If you missed it, it’s okay… we’ll do this all over again in October. (Date to be announced later)
Here are some pictures of what you missed out.
Lots of huggings and smiley Japanese Akitas!!
Thank you for coming and enjoying the day with us.
Some may wonder why join a dog club… well for one thing, you get to know the people who have same interest as you do, Japanese Akita. Then you will have the following things and so much more…
- Becoming an exclusive member of the only branch in US for AKIHO-Japanese Akita Club
- Participating club events such as Pet Expo, Nisei Week Festival/Parade, and Annual Dog Show that you can showcase and represent your beautiful Japanese Akitas to general public.
- Inviting friends and family to our fun summer and fall picnics.
- Able to utilize all of resources available by our branch to communicate with Headquarter in Japan, such as:
- Renewing membership
- Registering your litter and/or kennel
- Pedigree duplicate
- Transferring ownership in the pedigree
- AKIHO Headquarter newsletter
- First one to know if there is any litter of puppies available amongst the club members
- Knowledgeable personnel in the club if you have any question about the blood lines or breeders in Japan and/or US
If you are interested in joining AKIHO LA branch, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For now… here is Waka, Kita and three of their puppies playing.